15 Oct Announcement – Diocese Clergy Council Meeting (October 14, 2021)
Announcement – Diocese Clergy Council Meeting
Thursday 14 October 2021 – 4 Babah 1738
“The Lord, before whom I walk, will send His angel with you and prosper your way…” (Gen 24:40)
Dear beloved congregation,
By the grace of God, we will be sharing a general summary of the outcomes of Diocese Clergy Council meetings with His Eminence Archbishop Angaelos and His Grace Bishop Daniel on a weekly basis to keep you informed, and remove the possibility of misreporting. We hope this will help the community of the Church feel the oneness of the Body of Christ.
In today’s meeting:
- As is now customary, one of the fathers shared a spiritual reflection, after which His Eminence Archbishop Angaelos shared his contemplation with the fathers.
- It was agreed that work should commence on developing a Spiritual revival program for the whole diocese at the parish and diocesan level. A group will be formed to oversee this initiative over the coming week.
- The new amendments to the current Constitution that moves the Diocese from a Sole Trusteeship to a Diocesan Board of Trustees was approved, blessed and signed by His Holiness Pope Tawadros II earlier this week, and progress is being made in finalising the nominations and appointments to the Board of Trustees. This process has been very successful and has produced a high calibre of nominations amongst the sons and daughters of the diocese. It is anticipated that, by Thursday 21 October 2021, the names of the members of the Diocesan Board of Trustees will be announced, and they can commence their work to serve the blessed Diocese of Sydney. We ask all to pray that this process is completed in peace for the glory of God.
- Covid-19 restrictions at this point mean that we will only celebrate liturgies, vespers and midnight praises (Tasbeha) at church, all other activities will remain online until further notice.
- Churches are to avoid any other face-to-face activity until further restrictions are eased.
- We anticipate, by Monday 18 October 2021, that greater easing of restrictions will occur.
Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney